Thursday, February 28, 2008

Spring

I'm calling it, you guys. Today, February 28th, at 2:51 p.m., I do hereby declare that winter is over and it is SPRING.

Because of the weather, you ask? Nope, not really, although Seattle has been unseasonbly sunny and mild (for February) for most of the past couple of weeks.

But the declaration is not really about that. I'm just done with winter in general and my big black heavy winter coat in particular. (It's missing a button and I haven't been in the mood to sew it back on.) However, if you insist on evidence of spring's actual arrival, I present to you the following two science facts: 1.) the bulbs are coming up in our yard and 2.) there are a lot more chirpy birds around.

So. Carry on. Enjoy your spring.

3 comments:

Librarian Girl said...

I am SO WITH YOU.

I wore a spring outfit today, knowing I would be cold all day. DON'T CARE.

Lass. said...

Early daylight savings time this year - we spring ahead this weekend, which means it's spring, right? RIGHT??!! (Sorry...it's cold and rainy here today which is making me slightly hysterical...)

librarianista said...

Um, Lass, are you saying you didn't just jump on board with my spring declaration?!

No, absolutely: Spring ahead = Spring. That's science.