Words/grammar issues I'm trying not to be annoyed by anymore, because being annoyed by them makes me annoying:
2. "Literally," when there is no way what the speaker is saying could be understood in a figurative sense.
3. "I" used improperly in place of "me," as in "The gift is from my husband and I."
4. Most of the abbreviations used by mommy bloggers, commenters, etc. (CM for cervical mucus? Really? You're typing that so many times you need an abbreviation? Okay, sorry--I guess I'm missing the point here.)
Words I want to phase out:
5. All other late-1980's Valley girl speak.
Words I want to phase in:
1. Swimmingly. (As in, "It's going . . . ")
3. Most of these.