Monday, December 15, 2008

What makes blogging great

This post is just to get that nasty cranky one off the top of the page. I've actually been quite filled with holiday good cheer the past few days. (Don't you love this minute-by-minute breakdown of my moods? It's what makes blogging great!) For one thing, it snowed, which I never get tired of. Well, at least not yet. Being from Alabama makes every snow day seem magical.

Real post tomorrow. In the meantime: Do you think I'm a jerk for basically giving my brother nothing but a gift to charity in his name for Christmas? I've been feeling kind of bad about it. But then I remember that he left everything I gave him last year in a big heap on the floor and told my mom to throw it away for him, and the guilt subsides.

4 comments:

Make!Do! said...

Seriously? Ungratefulness on any level is my least favourite trait in a person so yeah, teaching him a little gratitude via those who need a hand - seems karmic and perfect.
I saw you had snow and was so sad. Come on NC, if the PNW can do it...but it was in the 60's today so blergh.

Anonymous said...

HA! That's perfect. Remember that big quake in Pakistan a few years ago? I spent all my gift money on relief work for that, and told my family that was their gift to the world.

It was perfect, because my mom caught on and bought a lot of animals through Heifer Intl. on the family's behalf afterwards.

Latest gift craze here: buying CO2 offsets for loved ones.

Librarian Girl said...

As a graduate of the School of Ungrateful Siblings, I am all for your no giftie stance. The epiphany (sad but true) that I had on this was that whatever I got or didn't get? Meant way more to me than it ever would to them. having said that, I totally get the guilt aspect too.

librarianista said...

Thanks, dudes. There is a certain smug, holier-than-thou-ness to forcing my brother to give to charity, but oh well. I mostly just gave my parents a charity thing too, but it was couched in terms of how they are great parents who raised me to be giving, blah blah blah. So that one I feel less guilty about.