I am stealing this meme from Pop Culture Librarian. What? She said I could.
1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
Snapped at library patrons who had not been rude to me and did not deserve it. (Way to start off a downer!)
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I honestly cannot remember if I resolved anything last year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Actually, most of my people did their birthing in '06. A bunch of them are knocked up again though! They're slutty that way.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, but thanks for asking such a jinxy question, Interwebs. Now I have to spend the rest of my day knocking on wood.
5. What countries did you visit?
Costa Rica and Nicaragua. And Alabama.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
A dishwasher! A dishwasher! My kingdom for a dishwasher! Also, I would like for my cat to stop peeing outside the litter box. That would be excellent.
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory?
Engagement, home purchase.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I learned how to paint my nails without painting my cuticles.
9. What was your biggest failure?
My cat still pees outside the box. See above.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Uh, I guess the house. I also bought a hoodie I'm pretty enamored with.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My boyfriend is pretty nice to me.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Name a Republican. Also, my brother.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Sunshine, whenever it appeared.
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
"Take Me With You," by Prince, and "This Must Be the Place," by the Talking Heads. I'm looking at making the leap into the new century by about 2017.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
Happier, I guess? 2006 wasn't bad either, though.
b) thinner or fatter?
Well, I did exercise more in 2007 than I ever have before. Let's say fitter.
c) richer or poorer?
I guess the same, although I'm seeing a lot less of the cash I make than I was last year.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Reading. I always wish that.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent it with the boyfriend and the family in Alabama.
22. Did you fall in love in 2007?
It's been a three-year-fall, and counting.
23. How many one-night stands?
Like, keg stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
My conversation is now limited almost entirely to references to 30 Rock. I love 30 Rock. Dear Corporate Executives, please pay the writers so that they can write more 30 Rock. Thank you.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
I tried to do a Top Ten Books of 2008 list for work, because everyone in my department was doing it. But even that was too limiting.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
God, I'm getting so old. Maybe Beirut, a band everyone else had previously discovered?
28. What did you want and get?
So many things! I'm pretty lucky.
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
No Country For Old Men and Juno.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Hiked up a mountain, ate Indian food at my favorite restaurant, and met up with friends at my favorite dive bar, where the proprietor sent me a baking tray with 100 egg rolls on it. Also, the boyfriend brought cupcakes. A good day.
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
34. What kept you sane?
The boyfriend. To the degree that I could be called sane this past year.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Just one? Climate change.
37. Who did you miss?
My parents, and my many East Coast and otherwise far away friends.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
My mind is blanking here. Am I not meeting new people anymore?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:
That it's not about me. This is a lesson I've learned before, but it bears re-learning from time to time.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Out of all those kinds of people, you got a face with a view. I'm just an animal looking for a home, maybe share the same space for a minute or two.