Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Zap it!

Mr. A. doesn't have a Facebook account, which state of affairs is probably a better way of life overall but did present him with a problem this week at work. He found that he needed to send out an email to hundreds of people, encouraging them to become fans of his workplace's page, even though he doesn't know the first thing about Facebookery.

Me: What are you going to say in the email?

Him: I'm going to tell them to zap it to our Friend Zone!

**
**

Oscars recap: The fact that The Blind Side even exists on film fills me with impotent rage. I saw the woman the movie is based on being interviewed on one of the morning shows the other day and she confirmed my suspicion that she could probably use a good punch in the face.

3 comments:

Librarian Girl said...

"Zap it to the Friend Zone!" is excellent goofy-dad vocabulary. Soren will be appropriately mortified by this. Bravo, Mr. Awesome!

Laina said...

What's wrong with The Blind Side? I haven't seen it, but I've heard it has been criticized for glorifying white paternalism of minorities, especially minority athletes. Is that why you hate it and want to punch the real-life lady in the face?

librarianista said...

Yup, Laina, that's it in a nutshell. That scene where Sandra Bullock is breaking down the football plays to the guy because he's too dumb to understand them otherwise . . . ugh. It bums me out that this is the kind of movie about the South that gets made (since I'm from there and everything).