Thursday, January 22, 2009

Junior master

I have something really awesome to share with you guys, but I can't figure out how to upload audio to my blog. Am I dumb, or is it really hard? Actually, I suppose those are not mutually exclusive categories.

Did you get to watch the inauguration? I did. They opened up the library early for the public to come in and watch it on the big movie screen in our auditorium, and it was completely awesome. The place was packed, and we were a very rowdy crowd--lots of cheering, singing, standing ovations. One of the biggest cheer lines was when Obama said "We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." The "nonbelievers" part went over huge here. Ah, Seattle--nothing but heathens. Well, heathens and Mars Hill Church members.

Speaking of sports,* I've almost learned to snowboard! Properly, I mean. I've done it about 10 times but I usually just do it the baby way--riding my back edge, if you know and care about such things. But now I almost have the swoosh, swoosh method of real snowboarding down. This is a big deal for me as I have never really mastered a sport. Well, unless you count cornhole. But even there I'm more of a junior master.


*I know, I know, we weren't really speaking of sports. You try to come up with a connection between Mars Hill and snowboarding.

No comments: