Someone should make a new one of these that doesn't have that stupid one night stands question.
1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
I made a person.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't even know about last year. I could look it up but that would require several clicks' worth of effort. I made some new ones, yes.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Does south Alabama count as a foreign country?
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
A full night's sleep.
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Well, there was that one sort of eventful day in April.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I guess I'll have to go back to making a person, although I'm not sure that really counts as an accomplishment. I'm having a hard time coming up with anything else, though.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not sending out a few cards, of the thank you and sympathy variety. I writhe about it at night, but it seems too late now.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Um. The C-section wasn't great, but it wasn't exactly an injury I guess.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A glider! Not really, but I do like that glider. I think every beer I bought was the best thing.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
All of the friends and family who brought us food, gifts, emotional support, and generally made the whole baby thing possible.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Some of the boss type people in this here library system. That's right. I said it. You appall and depress me.
14. Where did most of your money go?
To the mortgage.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going snowboarding this past weekend! Also, we kind of looked forward to the baby.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
This song always makes me think of Soren being born. Although I guess it's really more or less about addiction. So there you go.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
- happier or sadder? happier
- richer or poorer? poorer
- thinner or fatter? thinner! What with not being pregnant and all.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Exercise. I have a new understanding of the phrase "not enough hours in the day."
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
I'm tempted to say, "complaining about work," but the truth is I enjoyed every minute of my complaining. I wish there had been less to complain about.
20. How did you spend the holidays?
Christmas with the Awesome family in Utah, and New Year's Eve snowboarding at White Pass--a beautiful, clear blue day. Good times all around.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
My favorite tv program that we watch on the real tv is 30 Rock, I guess, although Community is a very close second. We're currently working our way through the entire series of Voyager on dvd, okay? Is that what you wanted to hear?
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Yes! Well, as my pious friend Mary in Catholic school used to say, "'Hate' is a very strong word." I am appalled and depressed by people that I was not appalled and depressed by at this time last year.
25. What was the best book you read?
The best grown up book I read this year was A Visit From the Goon Squad, by Jennifer Egan. Wait, does this mean best book I read this year, or best book I read that was actually published this year? I always get confused. Anyway, Good Squad was good.
26. What was your favorite film of this year?
Movies? What are those?
27. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Cheapskate Maternity transitioning into Aw Crap Nothing I Own Fits Me At All.
28 Whom did you miss?
My college friends who live on the Other Coast. My parents. My coworker who works at a different branch now.
29. Who was the best new person you met?
Soren is a pretty cool guy.
30. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Sometimes medicine really is the answer.