Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Where to look

One of the many things you're not supposed to eat as a pregnant lady is unheated deli meat. Apparently some sort of deadly bacteria can grow on it that only pregnant women are susceptible to, science, studies, blah blah blah.* But at the same time, the pregnant ladies need a lot of protein. So everyday when Mr. A packs my lunch (let's just take a moment to appreciate the fact that he packs my lunch every day, shall we? thank you), he puts the turkey in a separate baggie so that it won't contaminate the rest of my sandwich and I can heat it up in the microwave at work.

He generally leaves the house before I get out of bed, so he also leaves me a note to remind me to get the turkey out of the refrigerator:



Mr. Awesome really lives up to his name, does he not?



*Also there is something about nitrates, if you really want to get into it, but we buy the nitrate-free deli meats. So please don't worry your pretty little head about that.

6 comments:

D said...

Ack! I was perusing the link of Foods to Avoid During Pregnancy and heard a co-worker clear his throat as he walked behind my desk.

Anonymous said...

Heated deli meat sounds...nasty. But better than eating bacteria, I suppose.

Librarian Girl said...

There is nothing cuter than a plaintive bunny doodle on one's bread!

arajane said...

that note just melted my heart. he truly is the awesomest!

JadeEJF said...

That's really sweet.

And I had sushi today. :D mmmmmmmm.

I'm a bit more adventurous than a lot of pregnant women, though. I went surfing during my first trimester last time, and I'm going x-country skiing tomorrow (also 12 weeks tomorrow!) ;) But you know, good for you for doing the best you can for your baby already! You're going to be a great mama :)

Mohundros said...

I didn't know you and JadeEJF know each other (and that she was pregnant again -- have I not been reading your LJ close enough?). That's great, since you're soon-to-be neighbor moms.