Saturday, June 25, 2011

Hoo wee

So, it's almost July. Our heater clicked on three times this morning. THREE TIMES. Soren spent most of last week with a temperature of 104. I've given up wearing a coat every day, because just looking at a coat fills me with rage, so I'm always cold. All the blogs I read are like "Hoo wee can you even stand the heat?!  It's so sunny and warm all day and all of the night!!  I'm dyin' ovah heah!"

Fuck those people.

Excuse me. That kind of language is uncalled for. Make sweet, gentle love to those people. If you must.

At this point, it isn't even a question of waiting for summer to start. It's the panicked feeling that in two months it's going to be OVER, and we've only had about five decent days. How is it that the assholes already have all the warmer climates (in the U.S.) staked out? Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to be surrounded by Republicans/Nascar fans/Botox victims. Right? If I could just warm up a little tiny bit.

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Just remember - Seattle summer starts on July 5th and ends at the end of September. It's just shifted over by a month. I try not to complain too much until July 5th, but once that hits - I DEMAND my summer. We're almost there...

Make!Do! said...

I know it starts in July but when my heater clicked on this morning and I wore a hoodie and slippers to breakfast and then wore the coat I bought for NEXT WINTER for the billionth time this SUMMER and someone told me "it hasn't been this nice all week" as I slipped this coat on again, I felt red hot RAGE. Screw this.

Anonymous said...

Apparently the weather gods read your blog, causing them to straighten out & fly right. Thanks for that! k8

ali said...

Please come to Utah!! I promise hot temperatures and sunshine and a the worlds smallest kiddie pool for Soren to splash in!

librarianista said...

Ali, we can't wait to come to Utah. Soren is going to LOVE that kidding pool!

The Unattractive Houseguest said...

Resistance is futile. Can't beat mother nature. We're screwed.