Monday, March 26, 2012

ENERGY! ENERGY! ENERGY!

This morning in the children's room I was helping a woman find books when she turned to me and said, "I just didn't expect that there would be so many children here at this time of day."

Really?  At 11 a.m. on a Monday?  Because most three-year-olds should have jobs, presumably.

**
**

We saw The Hunger Games last night and I was so amped up afterwards that I couldn't sleep.  (I liked it, by the way.  Lenny Kravitz was surprisingly good and not annoying. Woody Harrelson was unsurprisingly annoying and not good, but I was able to ignore him and his equally annoying hair.)  I tried to use Jane Austen to lull me to sleep via the tranquil English countryside, but it didn't work.  Which is too bad because I'm teaching my first class tonight.  Right before class, I may have to employ a trick I learned about on a podcast I listen to:  running around in circles yelling "ENERGY! ENERGY! ENERGY!" followed by a shot of tequila.

Or, you know.  Just the tequila.*


*I'm just kidding, I would never do a tequila shot right before a class; the students would probably smell it on me.  For professional situations, vodka shots are the only way to go.

1 comment:

arajane said...

i would so love to take a class from you! tequila, vodka... it all sounds good. i hope it went awesomely and that you lived to tell the tale.